Here is a roadmap for a 60-day business analyst training program with topics:
Week 1 Business Analyst Tutorial:
- Introduction to Business Analysis: Understand the role of a business analyst, the types of projects they work on, and the skills required to become a successful business analyst.
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring: Learn how to plan, execute, and monitor a business analysis approach, including identifying stakeholders, defining deliverables, and managing risks.
- Business Analysis Communication and Collaboration: Understand the importance of effective communication and collaboration skills, including facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Business Analysis Elicitation and Collaboration: Learn the techniques used to elicit requirements, including interviews, surveys, observation, and brainstorming.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition: Learn how to analyze, prioritize, and organize requirements, and how to define the solution design to meet business objectives.
Week 2: Business Analyst Tutorial:
- Solution Evaluation: Understand the process of evaluating and validating a solution to ensure it meets business objectives and requirements.
- Agile Methodologies: Learn the principles and practices of Agile, including Scrum, Kanban, and Lean, and how to apply them to business analysis.
- Waterfall Methodologies: Understand the phases of the waterfall model and the role of the business analyst in each phase.
- Unified Modeling Language (UML): Learn how to use UML diagrams to represent business requirements and solution design.
- Business Process Modeling: Understand how to model business processes using diagrams such as flowcharts and BPMN.
Week 3: Business Analyst Tutorial::
- Data Analysis: Understand the fundamentals of data analysis, including data modeling, data mapping, and data integration.
- Data Management: Learn how to manage data through the entire data lifecycle, from data acquisition to data archival.
- Business Intelligence and Analytics: Understand the principles of business intelligence and analytics, including data warehousing, data mining, and predictive analytics.
- Requirements Documentation: Learn how to document requirements in a clear, concise, and unambiguous way using tools such as user stories, use cases, and acceptance criteria.
- Stakeholder Management: Understand how to identify stakeholders, manage their expectations, and build relationships with them.
Week 4: Business Analyst Tutorial:::
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC): Learn the phases of the SDLC, including planning, analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Project Management: Understand the fundamentals of project management, including project planning, scheduling, and risk management.
- Quality Assurance: Understand the importance of quality assurance and how it is related to business analysis.
- Tools for Business Analysis: Learn how to use software tools such as Microsoft Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint to document analysis and findings.
- Career Development: Understand the career path of a business analyst, the certifications available, and how to improve your skills.
Week 5-8: Business Analyst Tutorial:::
- Practice your skills by participating in group projects or case studies.
- Continue to build your knowledge by reading books, attending webinars or conferences, and following online communities.
- Refine your skills by seeking feedback from experienced business analysts or mentors.
- Consider getting a certification such as the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) certification, which can help demonstrate your skills and knowledge to potential employers.
- Network with other business analysts, attend industry events, and join professional associations to stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends.