While there are so many duties and tasks that a business Analyst will perform in office from morning to evening, there are some regular and most important tasks that he / she has to perform as part of the job responsibility. Lets see below the most influential duties of a Business Analyst. This is one of the most important interview questions of Business Analyst.
This Business Analyst will be responsible for facilitating business change management by developing detailed business requirements and process flow diagrams in addition to other appropriate standard business analysis artifacts, in the Accounting functional area. The Business Analyst will support multiple customers and stakeholders throughout the project and product release cycles.
The Business Analyst will work closely with end users, business unit representatives, Information System resources and other relevant resources in all stages of the project life-cycle including discovery, design, construction, transition, implementation, and support. This individual will demonstrate the highest levels of customer service, communication, productivity and professionalism. In addition, he/she will have the ability and aptitude for leadership, self-motivation, strong analytical skills and Costco business (or other retail) expertise.
Tasks and responsibilities
Stakeholder and team interaction:
* Determines stakeholder influence and relationship needs, and understands their business and requirements.
* Builds and manages stakeholder relationships including business partners, users, vendors, customers, project team members, and leaders.
* Interacts with technical team(s) to help translate functional specifications into technology solutions.
Requirements management process:
* Develops business analysis artifacts (use cases, business models, etc.) to document “as-is” and “to-be” requirements and business process change management plans as they pertain to specific projects and/or functional area.
* Identifies and communicates risks and issues that may require changes to scope.
* Prioritizes requirements effectively based on identified factors.
* Organizes and synthesizes large amounts of information provided by stakeholders.
* Ensures that all requirements support the delivery of business value, fulfills goals and objectives and meet stakeholder needs.
* Leads and participates in User Acceptance sessions for confirmation of requirements implementation prior to deployment.
Elicitation and communication:
* Ensures appropriate stakeholders are involved and obtains required information for capturing and validating requirements and other artifacts.
* Effectively manages changes and conflicts during requirements gathering process.
* Manages requirements traceability and future reuse.
* Prepares artifacts in an understandable and presentable format.