Ab Initio is a data warehousing tool which is mainly used for huge databases unlike Informatica which can only handle small to intermediate database sizes. Here in this section we are giving tips to prepare a Ab Initio sample resume template with which you can prepare your own resume.
1) Ab Initio Summary or professional summary:
- 10 years of experience in IT and Data warehousing.
- Excellent CARD domain knowledge.
- Good Exposure to implement DATA mart.
- Good experience in requirement gathering, source system analysis, ETL Design.
- Extensively worked on ETL tool Ab Initio.
- Sound experience in Shell scripting.
- Have good exposure in Performance tuning and troubleshooting methods.
- Have good knowledge of Data Warehousing Concepts.
- Having good exposure to AB INITIO (ETL), UNIX, Oracle 10g and MS SQL Server 2005.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in both independent and team environment.
- Strong passion for learning new technology and improve on the existing ones.
- Ability to grasp new things easily and at a faster pace.
Skill Set of Ab Initio:
ETL Tool : Ab Initio (GDE v1.14 / 1.16 / 3.0 and Co-op V2.14 / 3.0). Programming : Unix Korn Shell/ Perl / basic AWK/ sed / PL/SQL. Database : Teradata / Oracle 9i/10g/11g. Scheduling Tool : Tivoli work load scheduler (TWS). O.S. : Unix / Linux / Windows – family. Domain Knowledge : Banking/Financial/healthcare.
Ab Initio Projects Done:
Project Name : Standard Life Bank (SLB) Migration Client : Barclays Period : June 2011 till Dec 2011 Organization : Steria Role : Sr. Developer (Team Lead)
- Analyzing business requirements
- Work with Business Analyst and users to clarify requirements and translate the requirement into technical specifications.
- Create CIT execution plan and performed CIT.
- Review of the deliverables and code walkthrough to client team
- Prepare live implementation plan and support application in Live throughout the migration period
- Maintained process and quality documentation
- Experienced in Development, Maintenance & Production support projects.
- Expertise in Data Warehousing, AB INITIO (ETL) programming, and fulfillment of data warehouse project tasks including Data Extraction, Cleansing, Transforming and Loading.
- Involved in all stages of SDLC during projects, Analyzed designed and tested the new requirement for performance, efficiency and maintainability using ETL tool AB INITIO.
- Experience in Ab Initio parallel and serial flow batch graphs, conditional components, other components like Transform, Read and Write XML, Read and Write Multiple files, Partition graphs.
- Worked in Mainframe by creating OUTPUTA of good records which will be used in downstream processing.
- Involved in Requirement Analysis, Development and Testing of applications under UNIX platforms. i.e. Unit and Regression Testing.
- Exposure to the whole software development life cycle involving Requirement Analysis, Technical Design, Development, implementation and testing.
- Have excellent programming skills and experience in SQL, PL/SQL.
- Have good knowledge of UNIX Scripting.
- Known for analytical skills pertaining understanding a business domain.
Resources used for the project:
Tool : AbInitio GDE Ver 2.15, Teradata, TWS Team Size : 6 Description :Standard Life Bank (SLB) was acquired by Barclays on the 1st January 2010. Under the acquisition, Barclays acquired the Residential Mortgage, Buy to Let Mortgage and Savings customers.
Following the acquisition, a migration Program has been established to migrate the customers and associated accounts from the Standard Life system to Barclays Customer system which enables Barclays to exit the relationship with SLB.
The solution involves assisting in the process that will populate Customer System with the details of in-scope SLB Savings and Mortgage customers and their product holdings.
To achieve this ETL process was developed which read the feeds from SLB, transform data according to mappings and rules provided by the Business and load into the target system (Barclays CS).
Education and Certification:
Please mention all your education details.