In this Cisco Network Engineer sample resume preparation, We are trying to highlight various sections in a typical resume which covers most of the areas which exposes the candidates abilities to the interview panel.
1. Career Objective of Cisco Engineer:
In this section you need to explain the career goals and objective of the role that the candidate is applying to be explained in a brief 3 or 4 lines to the point.
(An example of Cisco Career objective) :
I am eager to work in a field of CISCO Network which will enhance my technical skills in this field. I am flexible in expanding my CISCO and other related skills as an IT professional in a company which uses state-of-the-art technologies.
2: Professional Summary of Cisco engineer:
In this section of professional summary of CISCO network engineer, you must tell the skills, job duties, roles and responsibilities of a typical CISCO engineer including your experiences and also try to include buzz words of the job posting description.
Example of CISCO Network Engineer Professional summary:
Masters in Computers Technology & Management in 2000 with CCNA and MCSE related certification, And over 6 Years of experience in Networking, System Administration and Facility Management. Have rich exposure to system administrator under multiplatform environment, including installation, configuration maintenance, and disaster recovery management. Hands of experience in network management, maintenance and troubleshooting network user management and facilities management on Windows platforms. A keen communicator and team player with excellent relationship management.
- Install, Configure, Upgrading and Troubleshooting computers and Peripherals device and device drivers
- Design, Install, configure and maintain a variety of Networks LAN/WAN
- Work Experience Encompassing Installation, Configuring and Maintenance of Switches Routers, UTP and Fiber Optic.
- Installation and configuration of Operating Systems, application programs and utilities
- Installing and applying patches on various applications
- Remove Viruses in Computer and Program at various Patches and Antivirus tools.
- 4.11 years of Experience in System and Network Administration and supporting applications on Windows environment.
- Installing, Configuring, Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure. Designing a Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 and Active Directory.
- Working experience on Cisco 2612 router management, Network Administration such as VPN, Routing, Switching, WAN.
- Well-versed in project management, design and implementation. Performance Tuning, system engineering, crash recovery, system security and capacity planning/management.
3. Technical Skills Summary of Cisco Engineer:
Working knowledge on installation and managing following hardware for networking: Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches.
- Supervisor cards SUP720 series.
- Hands on experience on routers 2500, 2800, 3700 series.
- Hand on experience of Cisco switches including 2900, 3700, 4500, 6500 series.
- Cisco IP Phones 7910, 7937, 7960G, 7912,7965.
|Operating System||:||Windows 98, NT, 2000, XP and 2003 Server, Windows Vista, Red Hat Linux|
|Implementation of Network Infrastructure||:||Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows 2003|
|System Administration||:||Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 Active Directory, DHCP Server, Windows 2000 Terminal ServerAnexGate 25+ user firewall Management.|
|Routing Protocol||:||Static Routing, RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF|
|Mail Client (Troubleshooting and Installation)||:||MS Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows live mail|
|Hardware||:||Assembling, Troubleshooting of various Computer Peripherals|
|Network LAN Management||:||Manage Wireless LAN, Firewall AnexGate 25+ User & Sonic wall, Cisco 2500 Series Router, 1900 Series.|
4. Certification of Cisco Engineer
- Cisco certified network associate (CCNA- CISCO ID-CSCO11430262)
- Cisco certified network professional (CCNP-Route, 642-902)
- Microsoft certified professional (MCP ID-6100076)
- ITIL V.3 foundation certified
- MCP (id- 6371712) on 70-290: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- MCSE from IIJT InfoTech.
5. Professional / Project Experience of Cisco Engineer:
In this section please explain very detail and also the important tasks/challenges you faced in previous company/projects. because this section attracts more the panel while selecting you and also asking interview questions.
Example below how you explain about your project and duties:
Client : ABCD Industries
Project name : Automation of XBCSD
Role : CISCO network engineer
Duration : Jan 2008 – Dec 2010.
Implementation and Maintaining TPM at JSL IT Stores for Network assets as a member. Working as SharePoint 2007 &CRM 4.0 Enterprise Administrator, as well as installation and configuration.
- Taking care of all Microsoft Licensing policy & Partner Program.
- Giving presales, post sales technical support & delivery head of Microsoft BPOS (Business Process Online Suit) to customers.
- Scheduling maintenance of Network, peripherals and IT resources.
- Monitoring, Configuring & Maintaining D-Link Layer-2 Switches (DES-3226, 3226S), Cisco Layer-2 Switches (ws-2960, 2960G), Cisco Chassis and Layer-3 Switches (WS-4506, 3750).
- Monitoring, Configuring & Maintaining D-Link Wireless Access point (DWL-3200AP, 2100AP), Wavion Wi-Fi WBS base station (WBS-2400 Omni), and Linksys wireless Access point (WAP-4400N, WAP-54G).
- Monitoring, Configuring & Maintaining Terminating & Installing Fiber & Fiber Component’s.
- Reporting to IT-Head on activities related on a day-to-day basis provide information. Regarding the process upgrade, lacks and future enhancements.
- Assets management, Assets tracking and inventory of network devices.
- Planning and Implementation of data centre network.
- Vender Management.
- New Network Segment Planning, Designing and implementation.
- Maintaining Network up time as per SLA.
- Planning and Scheduling of Engineers availability for 24*7*365 days Site Support at multiple location and client.
- Maintaining customer relationships by having review and business meetings with customers for Service feedbacks, new product requirements, Payments etc.
- Arrange Trainings Programs for the engineers to enhance the technical as well as personal skills of engineers.
- Maintaining the Escalations matrix for customers and Super Wave Communication.
- Network audit report on annual basis for better performance.
- Providing Network schematic Diagram.
- Prepare reports for internal audit point of view.
- Checking network performance using NMS.
- Selection of required IT product (Technically and commercially)
- Monitoring of Internet and VPN lease Line.
- Monitoring of LAN bandwidth utilization and broadcast through Agilent Frame Scope(350)
- Monitoring and maintaining Cisco ASA firewall and make changes as required.
- Handling Team size of 4 Engineers.
- Installation & configuration Microsoft Forefont Server Security Console.
- Installation & configuration of Kespersky Enterprise Security & Macafee 8.5i Enterprise.
- Installation of SAP Business One Server & Client ver-8.8 PL-5.
- Installation & Configuration SpiceWorks Network monitoring tool as well as making weekly network monitoring report.
- Configuring Active Directory and managing users.
- Netgear Firewall & LAN/WAN configuration.
- Worked as JuniorSystem Administrator and handling Vendors. (Yahoo, Vonage, AT&T, 1and1, Reliance, VSNL, Airtel etc.)
- Working with 2003 Servers, Network, and Hardware problem.
- VOIP (Vonage), VPN, Routers, Firewalls.
- Configuring & maintaining Windows2003 Server and windows XP clients.
- Configuring VPN using Netgear Prosef VPN Firewall applying authentication and algorithm.
- Maintaining and trouble shooting PC problems.
- C-biz (2.00.05, 3.5.7, 3.6.0) Configuration and Broadcast using C-biz.
- Back-end technical support & Gap Analysi
- Trouble shooting with Outlook, Installation SQL server, Visual Studio 2005, VSS.
- Managing & maintaining Symantec 8.0 / Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 (Business Pack),AVG 9.
- Configured Network View V3.1 to manage network & PRTG Traffic GrapherV18.104.22.1684, to monitor traffic.
- Configuring and troubleshooting with X-lite & X-pro Vonage Softphone.
- Working on SEO activity on primary level.
- Managing Maipu router (CLI mode) version-6.0.37.
- Making Project Plan, Sales Process, and Org chart etc. using MS Visio.
- Managing online PBX (TalkSwitch & One Box) and Mail Server.
- Configuring SMTP, mail broadcast through Send Blaster.
- Installation of SQL Server2005, CRM Server, SharePoint 2007.
Personal details in Cisco Network Engineer Sample resume:
Hope the above sample resume of Cisco Network engineer will help in preparing your resume and getting a new job.