- What does ColdFusion do? It is a markup language very similar to HTML which is designed to create applications on the Internet. It coordinates a Web server with file systems, databases and mail servers.
- Why are ColdFusion variables unique? You don’t have to specify data types. A named variable can accept all data types. There are three main variable types – specific to a page, a user’s session and an entire application. These are like local, temporary and global variables in other languages.
- How do you indicate comments in ColdFusion? They are like HTML comments with the addition of one dash: <!—.
- What functions are available in ColdFusion? ColdFusion has a lot of built-in functions for such tasks as manipulating strings, formatting data, parsing XML, managing times and dates, and so on. There are so many that developers often keep their own lists of often-used built-in functions. The developer can also write his/her own functions. There are widgets available – these are functions which perform common Website activities like displaying weather in a specified area, or counting Web site hits
- What is a datasource? A datasource establishes the connection between a database and ColdFusion. This allows uploads and downloads to/from the database named and the Website. Queries can then be written for the database.
- What are the e-mail abilities? ColdFusion has built-in functions which allow the developer to request e-mail addresses from Website users, then send out individual or bulk e-mail. For instance, the Web site can send a welcoming message for a new member, or send out a newsletter to all members. ColdFusion also can add attachments. The mail functions require an SMTP mail server.
- How should you handle error messages? ColdFusion error messages are very cryptic to a Web client. So the developer needs to build a clearer exception message. By inserting the cftry and cfcatch tags before a high-risk execution, ColdFusion intercepts the system error message and substitutes a user-friendly message.
- .What is a Web service? This is a function within ColdFusion that makes it very easy to trigger links at any other site to your site using an XML format and the reverse to import information from another site.
- Why would we need an FTP service? FTP is a file transfer protocol used to upload and download files. This protocol is used to launch a Web site. But it can also be used to download files to a Web client or other remote server.
- What is the ColdFusion Administrator? This is the interface for the developer used to configure the ColdFusion server for settings for e-mail, datasources and debugging. Here the administrator can set up charting, archiving, interactions with the Java Virtual Machine, cache, define memory variables and mappings, define extensions, and set up security.
10.Q: What is the purpose of Structure and which are the functions that we find in Structures?
A: The structures of Coldfusion are made of key-value pairs. They make possible the construction of a set of variables that have one name. A string represents the key of a structure and the key is any object or value, in Coldfusion a string or an array, etc. Structures are flexible due to different types of data supported.
11.Q: What is the role of the Coldusion administrator?
A: Similar to Cpanel, the administrator is an internet application that has several sub-options from which we make control multiple functions like data sources, settings (security, debugging or global), etc. For several administrator services we need to have a password the same we are given many user instances and a server can be separated in Colfusion administrators in form of clusters, in this way a particular work may be given to a particular individual but the individual vcan modify anything.
12.Q: What is the meaning of Coldfusion?
A: Coldfusion is standard HTML based language which gives us the possibility to create dynamic web pages. HTML means Hyper Text Markup Language. With the aid of Coldfusion we can create a database with input templates and mix these with programs to obtain sites that have pages that are developed as they are opened, in a dynamical way. The site contains a software development framework which is an awesome thing for develoing software and an application server.
13.Q: What important characteristics do we find in Coldfusion MX7?
A: The Adobe version is called Macromedia Coldfusion MX7. We can find in this version features like Xforms or web forms, Flash, Excel, Acrobat Friendly Report Builder, Rich Text Format. In this version we have Gateways that helps with the connection with different services like IM, SMS and so on.
14.Q: Is it possible to change the server code of Coldfusion and which two open source CFML parsing engines are found in Coldfusion?
A: The truth is the Coldfusion server code is not visible and can’t be changed. The two open source parsing engines that parse the mashup languages in Coldfusion are called Smith project and Blue dragon (this second one is the J2EEversion).
15.Q: What is the location where we can put a custom tag?
A: The locations in which we can put custom tags are searched by Coldfusion in a listed order. They can be similar directories with the ones of the calling page, this location is good in cases of demonstrations, they don’t really have a practical side, this is because we will only find the custom tag in that directory. Another location is a directory or a directory’s subdirectory stated in the Extensions->CustomTagPaths of the Coldfusion Administrato, another location can be in the subdirectories of cfusion/Custom Tags.
16.Q;What is the way to display reports in PDF?
A:For displaying PDF reports we will use CF report builder which has reached version 8.01. it is made as a professional utility that in the older versions was found under different installable. Many software sets were providing this type of solution like Crystal Reports Actuate CFReport tag for implementing the templates of the Report builder in HTML or PDF.
17.Q:What is the role of CFFlush?
A: The first appearance of a tag like this pushes the HTML Subsequent CFFlush tags will send just the output created after the last flush. If we are flushing data we must be sure that the information found is enough because many browsers can’t reply when we flush small amounts of data. The same, the interval attribute must be approximated to no more than several hundred bytes, for instance thousands of bytes is too much. The interval attribute has to be applied just if big amounts of output are transmitted to a client, like in a cfloop/cfoutput of a big querry. If we apply this form like in the Application.cfm file (in a global way) we can receive surprising errors at the execution of CFML tags (tags for changing HTML headers).
Attention: At execution time the CFFlush tag is transmitting data, this is the reason for many limitations like these: errors may appear in the case of using functions or tags like cfcontent, cfform, cfhtmlhead, cfcookie, cflocation and Setlocale in any place after the cfflush.
This type of tag is changing the HTML header usually, but after the cfflush is not, as the cfflush transmits the header. Errors appear also when we use cfflush in many of the tag bodies like cfquery, cfsavecontent or custom tags.
Note:Usually the output buffer gets replaced by the error page because it is canceled by the cferror tag. The GeneratedContent variable that appears as a result of a cferror tag after cfflush has the contens of the output buffer that was not flushed. So there is no content transmitted to the client.
18.Q:What is the meaning of CFAbort?
A: CFAbort has the role to break the Coldfusion page processing in the place where the tag is found.Each processed thing found prior the yabort tag is returned by Coldfusion to the calling tag or to the user. We can even say what error message would be shown with the attribute ShowError. Actually this tag is very useful for stopping page processing.
19.Q:How can we describe a Web Server?
A:A web server is nothing else than a computer that provides web pages. Each Web Server is represented by an IP address and sometimes a domain name.For instance when we write the following URL: http://domainname.com/index.html in the address box of our browser, a request is transmitted to that server owning the name domainname.com, after this the page with the name index.html is transmitted to our browser and displayed within it. If we want to have our own web server, we can transform our computer into a Web Server if we install the proper programs used for a server and then make a connection to the internet. The most popular programs that facilitate this are made by NCSA and Apache, also some packages are provided by Netscape and Microsoft and there are others.
20.Q:Is it possible to have several “Application.cfm” files in one Application?
A: We can have them, when the directory of a n Application page does not contain an Application.cfm page, the Coldfusion directory tree is being verified for the existence of an Application.cfm page, the first page found will be chosen. Coldfusion will always include if this type of page is found in the directory tree and the proper permissions are applied. On every request, just one Application.cfm page is processed.
21.Q:When is “cfcookie expires” used and which is the initial value of this attribute?
A: The attribute expires is an occasional addition to the cfcookie tag, when used it symbolizes the lifetime (scope) that a cookie variable has. The value of a cookie variable will remain default until it receives the expires attribute otherwise it will last until we close the browser.
22.Q:How is cfparam different from cfset?
A:Cfparam will write a value to the variable just in the case it doesn’t exist but cfset gives a new value to a variable ignoring the existence or non-existence of the variable.
23.Q:When do we apply cfsetting?
A:Cfsetting is a tag for managing the page processing of the requested URL’s like outputs of HTML in a page. It can have three attributes:requestTimeOut, showDebugOutput and enableCFoutputOnly. They are optional.
24.Q:What is the meaning of Scope variables?
A:The origin of a variable decides the scope of a variable. The scope symbolizes the properties that a variable has like life duration, the location where it is stored, timeout and the way it’s used.
25.Q:How do we set a common footer?
A:A common footer can be set with cfinclude, in this way every page can have a footer file. Also we can use the OnRequestEnd method in Application.cfc or OnRequestEnd.cfm
Q1)Talk briefly about ColdFusion
it’s a trend in developing software which is based on Standard HTML and is used to develop dynamic webpages.
As it’s dynamic, database can be built using templates and combined with application to construct a complete website.
As a language it can be written using its framework and executed on its own application server.
Q2) What’s the relation between ColdFusion and J2EE?
ColdFusion is implemented on the J2EE which is in turn belongs to Java with more APIs.
Q3)What happens when n ColdFusion receives a request for an application page ?
In this case, a file called Application.cfm is being searched for and it’s code is logically included at the application page’s beginning if it’s exists.
Q4) Can Application.cfm written in small letters under UNIX platform?
No, since UNIX is a case-sensitive,it must follow naming convention, so, Camel Case must be considered.
Q5)What are the components of ColdFusion?
cf script, CFML, ColdFusion Administrator,Verity Search Server
Q6)How to represent a LEFT JOIN statement in Coldfusion?
By using the keyword “LEFT JOIN”
FROM TABLE LEFT JOIN another_Table ON condition
Q7) How can ColdFusion communicate?
There are different types of resources through which ColdFusion can use for communication like:
(1) Mobile phones that support SMS
(3) Java sockets
(5) Content management systems
(6) file systems
Q8)What are the benefits of using ColdFusion?
easy installing and migrating, Support by all OS, Easy and fast to develop,support all database, Have accessibility to all J2EE APIs, Integration with all adobe products.
Q9)Compare between absolute and relative div positioning?
Absolute div positioning starts from 0,0 position in the top left corner of the browser while Relative div positioning is relatively determined from the positioning of the div within the body.
Q10)What is the difference between <cfparam> and <cfset>?
<cfparam> <cfset> Allow using default parameters if value of certain variable not determined yet It just can set a given value of a variable
Q11)describe the cfapplication tag in coldfusion?
It’s the tag which defines the scope of application in addition to several functionalities like variables control “enables session variables and setting of time out of applications’ variable” …etc
Q12)It’s well known that ColdFusion is executed in application server, talk about application server briefly
It’s the server which is used for Enterprises as it provides several protocols like HTTP,HTTPS,…etc to maintain business logic.
It’s useful in transaction management , connecting Pooling “like that is used in hibernate” , security in addition to session management and load balancing.