Below are the main roles and responsibilities of a NOC technician:
- Should have good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Should be able to handle customers with helpful manner.
- Must have good understanding of TCP / IP protocol and subnetting of OSI network model.
- Wi-Fi connectivity trouble shooting knowledge is a must.
- Experience and knowledge of Telecommunication circuits such as Cable/DSL, T1, DS3 )
- Knowledge of Routing and Switching of Cisco IOS, Fiber optics(CMDW) is very important.
- Linus knowledge is very important.